We spent over a year researching fabrics and blends for our pajamas. Comfort, durability, and sustainability were key. We absolutely fell in love with the bamboo/spandex blend we created: It's the softest, most buttery fabric we’ve ever felt, has incredible stretch, and has an unparalleled range of benefits:
- It’s hypoallergenic. Bamboo contains a bio-agent called bamboo-kun that will not irritate the skin or cause allergic reactions. For that reason, it’s safe for the most sensitive of skin. It’s also ideal for babies and toddlers that suffer from eczema.
- It’s naturally antibacterial, antifungal and odor resistant. It actually kills/inhibits germs and bacteria.
- It regulates body temperature. Bamboo fabric has micro-gaps, which aid in ventilation, meaning they trap cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter to regulate your little’s body temperature. This means they stay a few degrees cooler in the summer months, and a few degrees warmer in the winter months.
It has natural UV protection. Protect your little one from the sun’s rays in comfort.
- It’s eco-friendly. Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on earth (it can grow 3-4 feet per day without any chemicals or fertilizers), requires very little water and releases 35% more oxygen into the atmosphere than hardwood trees.
- It’s biodegradable. It will eventually return to the earth.