Summer is here, and it's time to soak up the sun and embark on exciting adventures with your kids! Whether you're looking for ways to reconnect, make lifelong memories, or simply have a blast together, a family summer bucket list is the perfect way to ensure an unforgettable season.
We’ve put together a list of fun-filled activities that range from outdoor escapades to creative endeavors that will help you design a summer packed with laughter, exploration, and quality time. Don’t forget to be comfortable when checking off your list!
Get outside while the weather is warm. Leave the house and add these activities to your summer bucket list:
- Go hiking in a nearby nature reserve or national park. August 4 is National Parks Day and many National parks offer free admission.
- Take a family bike ride along a scenic trail or to the local park. Play by Little Sleepies, made with Lunaluxe™ bamboo viscose fabric, is the perfect outfit for playtime and long bike rides.
- Pack a meal and have a picnic in the park or on the beach. Here’s a guide to creating the perfect picnic with your kids.
- Spend a weekend camping and enjoy a night under the stars. Little Sleepies pajamas will keep your kids warm on chilly nights and cool when the temperature turns up.
- Have a friendly competition playing backyard games like cornhole or horseshoes.
Beach and Water Fun
Make beach, sand, and fun your summer’s goal. Here are some items that you can’t forget for this summer’s bucket list:
- Spend a day at the beach building sandcastles and playing in the waves.
- Go snorkeling or take a boat tour to explore marine life.
- Play games at the beach and start a new family tradition or competition.
Just because school is out doesn’t mean creativity stops! Spend the summer creating memories with these bucket list activities:
- Create a family scrapbook or photo album of summer memories. Write notes and memories next to the pictures.
- Have a backyard movie night with a projector and homemade popcorn. Invite the neighborhood kids for a sleepover! Get everyone in their Family Matching pajamas for an extra special memory.
- Organize a family talent show and showcase everyone's skills and hidden talents.
- Summer is a great time to introduce recipes that your kids can eat outside in warm weather. Try these six kid-friendly recipes the whole family will love.
- Start a family garden and teach your kids the importance of growing their own food. Here’s how to start a garden with your kids.
Volunteer and Give Back
Giving back this summer is just what the kids need to create new traditions. Here are our favorite summer bucket list activities that will benefit your community:
- Teach your kids the importance of giving back by hosting a lemonade stand. Register for Lemonade Days with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation this month.
- Find a local charity or organization to volunteer at as a family.
- Give back to the community and join a local nonprofit to clean up a nearby beach.
- Add a little summer cleaning project by donating gently used items to a local shelter or organization.
- Bake treats together as a family and deliver them to a retirement home or hospital.
You don’t need a long vacation that requires planes, trains, and automobiles to get to your destination. Look for these local activities that will complete your summer bucket list:
- Explore a local zoo or botanical garden.
- Attend a community fair or festival, and don’t forget the face painting!
- Take a day trip to a nearby town or city to discover new places and ice cream stands.
- Play mini-golf or go bowling as a family.
The goal this summer is to have fun and spend quality time together as a family. Create a family summer bucket list that is filled with giggles, exploration, and experiences they won’t forget. What’s on your family's summer bucket list?